July to August Monthly Overview

⋄⋄⋄⋄⋄⋄
Thursday 20th July 2017
Aim:
Create script and presentation on initial ideas for a regional magazine.

This task was my first chance to present any ideas I had about my new magazine. I want my magazine to be focused around talent in the area. For the first edition, face paint and fashion. I have also uploaded the script and the actual presentation.




⋄⋄⋄⋄⋄⋄

Tuesday 8th August 2017
Aim:
Research font ideas for both the masthead and subheadings
Research costume, hair/makeup ideas for the model on the photoshoot.
Create a time schedule for the photoshoot.


By researching potential font ideas has given me a better understanding of the style of products I want to create. I have realised I don't like extremely fancy or over-the-top fonts as I want it to be sophisticated and clearly readable.


Looking at the overall look for the model on the first photoshoot, I want three different looks: smart, casual and a mixture of both. Costume ideas range from a simple jumper and jeans to a playsuit and bag.


The timeline is a good guideline for the day of the photoshoot as the model is restricted on time so therefore it is crucial the morning isn't rushed. I have allowed enough time for taking photos of each look as well as taking into consideration costume changes. This schedule will allow for a smooth experience for both myself and the model.


⋄⋄⋄⋄⋄⋄


Friday 29th August 2017
Aim:
Take photos for magazine/website focusing on the fashion segment.


The day of the photoshoot ran really smoothly with no fuss or confusion. Each costume was chosen beforehand making costume changes quick and efficient ensuring no time was wasted. The weather wasn't bright and beautiful, it was fairly overcast. However, this did not effect the outcome of the photos taken and in fact ensured the model was the central focus. Overall I am very pleased with how the images turned out.