Cover


 Draft Comparison 1 - 7th January 2018
 
This comparison was used in my interview with a potential member of my target audience to gather their initial thoughts on this front cover. The main thing that was noted from this interview was that she preferred the magazine without a barcode which therefore cemented my decision as I originally did not want to include a barcode.

Draft Comparison 2  - 12th January 2018


This comparison showed a drastic difference and overhaul of decision. This was because I was unhappy with the original drafts as I found the cover was too dark and very simple and conveyed no real Photoshop skills to edit the images. Instantly I preferred the second image (white shattered cover) as it was very unique and something I personally hadn't seen on a cover before.

Before finalising the decision to use a similar layout to image number 2 (white shattered cover) I held a focus group with four people (2 women, 2 men) to discuss ideas about each cover and overall which they preferred. The group where given four images, the two from draft comparison 1 (pictured above) and the two from draft comparison 3 (pictured below). The results of this focus group can be found on the Target Audience page of my blog.

Draft Comparison 3  - 14th January 2018
With this draft comparison I mainly wanted to see which design I preferred - whether it include more shattered effects on the page or a simple more detailed version. From this and the feedback from the focus group it was unanimous that cover on the right was the most desired but, it should be of a similar darkness to image 1 on the left.