February 2018 Overview

⋄⋄⋄⋄⋄⋄
Monday 5th February
Aim: 
Familiarise yourself with website creator Wix.
Begin to create your Homepage.


Firstly, I spent around half an hour familiarise myself with Wix - the software I am using to create my website to ensure that no unnecessary time was wasted when beginning to start making. After this, I felt comfortable beginning to make my website. I knew how I wanted this page to look with the use of a consistent colour scheme as well as highlighting the key features to the website which is showcasing the current edition of my magazine. Overall, I am happy with the progress made on my website and have throughout this process gained more inspiration for the look I want to create with my other pages.

⋄⋄⋄⋄⋄⋄
Wednesday 7th February
Aim: 
Complete Homepage as well as first hyperlinked paged.


My homepage is now completed. I added social media icons as well as hover boxes introducing the editor of the magazine. I also began to create my first hyperlinked page which was a gallery of images created by my magazine cover star. This allowed for more of her work to be showcased in a simple, easily accessible format. Once this was completed I began to create my second hyperlinked webpage which was a blog page. The aim for this page is, alongside new monthly editions of the magazine I would include an aspiring blogger to the website to showcase their work. This blogger was a young fashion and beauty blogger showcasing simple but stunning looks for day to night.

⋄⋄⋄⋄⋄⋄
Friday 9th February
Aim: Complete Website.


I completed my second hyperlinked page but felt the website was still missing something. I decided to include a Contact page in which would allow other aspiring artists to get in contact with the aim of having their work showcased with our magazine/website. Alongside this I added a map of where we are based to give the audience more information. Finally, I included a general contact form in which the audience can submit any questions they have, for us then to get back and answer efficiently.